VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• Last Updated 10/01/2024 17:11

We're providing an update on the issues the Phoenix location has been facing.

There was some major miscommunication with the datacenter provider for this location, which resulted in a major outage with no clear ETA for resolution. We were finally able to resolve this problem, however, it took longer as it was escalated to the management team with the provider. We'll evaluate this further and see if it's appropriate to move customers to another location to ensure a similar issue does not occur in the future.

The following servers are facing issues that were complicated by the above situation, but we are trying to get back on track with a permanent resolution.

PHXZ002 - We have been able to bring this server back online, but are having difficulties with data recovery. Services are still inaccessible.
    PHXZ004 - We have been unable to work with the datacenter hands to bring this server back to a functional state. At this point, with the limited information collected, it appears to be a major issue with the motherboard and the server may need to be shipped back for data recovery. We do not believe the data is affected.

The following server has faced a more recent outage:

PHXZ001 - Potential firmware issues. We'll work with the datacenter to bring this back online, hopefully very soon.

Updates:

PHXZ001 has been brought back online but maintenance is not yet complete. It may reboot several times.

• Virmach is alive!

Thanked by (1)BHS
  • I.P is pinging, but that's about it, nothing else is possible, OS install, boot, reboot, nothing works.

• @tenpera said:
    I.P is pinging, but that's about it, nothing else is possible, OS install, boot, reboot, nothing works.

I thought you let all your stuff go.

• I did, but never cancelled, they'll auto cancel by themselves in due time.

• @tenpera said:
    I.P is pinging, but that's about it, nothing else is possible, OS install, boot, reboot, nothing works.

What do you expect anyone to do with this information? It doesn't say which location, whether it is on a node mentioned in the post immediately above that has a known problem, or anything meaningful.

• @tetech said:

@tenpera said:

What do you expect anyone to do with this information? It doesn't say which location, whether it is on a node mentioned in the post immediately above that has a known problem, or anything meaningful.

What makes you think he wants anything done with the information? I was under the impression he just liked to complain.

• @skorous said:

@tetech said:

@tenpera said:

What makes you think he wants anything done with the information? I was under the impression he just liked to complain.

That is my impression too, but I am at least encouraging a decent complaint. On the scale of complaints, this one doesn't rate very highly.

Thanked by (3)skorous imok DanSummer
  • Hello. I'd like to complain too.

• @imok said:
    Hello. I'd like to complain too.

Go ahead.

Thanked by (1)imok

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• @imok said:

Please take a number from the stand.

Thanked by (2)imok DanSummer

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @Jab said:

@imok said:

Are you trying to imply that the end is nigh?

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@root said:

@Jab said:

@imok said:

its no longer possible to expect expeditious support.

high chance it will just run on its own until the end of road.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• I'm pretty sure VirMach is not going anywhere. He hasn't disappeared for this long in the past but all said and done, he's still paying his bills. He's probably taking time to reevaluate his strategy.

Thanked by (1)JonyBee
  • @cybertech said:

@root said:

@Jab said:

@imok said:

its no longer possible to expect expeditious support.

high chance it will just run on its own until the end of road.

I do notice that the status page has been updated more frequently in the past few days. Not reading anything into that, but a data point.

• @julensm said:
    good news, hope it's getting better. My NYCB040 is still down. the only box with not-so-recent backup I have.
    "We cannot load the controls for your service at this time."

It's magically come back this morning. At least I can have the newest backup for this one.

• edited October 7

@DanSummer said: he's still paying his bills

how do you know that.Virmach still trying to fix issues but I am not sure whether anyone has got replies for support tickets.Keep silent is not good anyway.

@DanSummer said:
    I'm pretty sure VirMach is not going anywhere. He hasn't disappeared for this long in the past but all said and done, he's still paying his bills. He's probably taking time to reevaluate his strategy.

no matter what his strategy is, at this scale its not gonna work well with a one man show.

• @JonyBee said: how do you know that.

well, because 3 months is a long time for a data center to keep servers up without payment. :)

Most importantly, I had a ticket opened for a storage server about a month ago that was "resolved". The issue was fixed without a reply to the ticket but it was resolved.

Mind you, I'm not defending his absence. So, backup your data and check your data integrity.

• The quality of service has dropped significantly. Now I can't even open an empty Chromium browser in a remote desktop at Virmach.

Thanked by (1)VirMach
  • They still exists?

• Maybe I should fly to Los Angeles to have a coffee with @VirMach to see whether he is okay

(Of course, VirMach needs to specifically tell me he is willing to meet me)

But who knows maybe VirMach is a mafia boss and then I will have troubles meeting him

• Maybe you end up like 2x FAT16.

That's how it works, right?

Thanked by (3)yoursunny FAT32 someTom

this makes sense. with Virmach's sports car it couldn't have been funded by $7 deals.

probably virmach is a side hustle or a channel for funding purposes?

Thanked by (1)FAT32

• FAT32FAT32 OG
    edited October 9

@imok said:
    Maybe you end up like 2x FAT16.

That's how it works, right?

The problem is in which way I ends up being FAT16, horizontal or vertical?

1|1
    6|6

or

--

• Just lost one of my very good and important friends of 10+ years to save my relationship. I still feels very disappointed how it ended up because my friend has became so different than we first met, but life have to go on I guess.

• @FAT32 said:
    Just lost one of my very good and important friends of 10+ years to save my relationship. I still feels very disappointed how it ended up because my friend has became so different than we first met, but life have to go on I guess.

I'm sorry that you've lost the friendship you used to have. Hopefully, in time, they realize how their change has affected them and those (who used to be) around them. For you, that same time will heal your wounds, but obviously getting there is never easy. Be sure to lean on those you care about and that care about you when you need them. You don't have to suffer alone :)

Thanked by (3)FAT32 skorous fluttershy
  • not sure if good or bad news, but the ticket I opened on 05/31/2024 got resolved yesterday.

Thanked by (3)imok JonyBee someTom
  • @ben47955 said:
    not sure if good or bad news, but the ticket I opened on 05/31/2024 got resolved yesterday.

Thanked by (1)imok
  • He's alive!